Sunday, September 7, 2008

Seriously? 9 Months?!

My babies are 9 months old today. WTF?! Wasn't I just pregnant?

Jeez. It just seems crazy that I need to start planning the blow-out first birthday party soon. (Because I procrastinate, so I really should have started 'planning' 6 months ago...) And when I say 'Blow Out' party I mean we'll probably hang streamers or something.

And in a moment of non-mommy panic, I let my now 9 month old babies eat a Gerber puff without breaking it into a thousand little pieces first! Woot! Go me! (Yes. I've been crushing puffs into small balls of crumbs and then placing it in their mouth. Because, you know, I'm not really crazy or anything.)


Today Rea sat and giggled to herself for at least 10 minutes. She had a little bear and they were having quite the conversation. And it hit me. One day she'll cry for real. Not because she bumped her head or doesn't want to take a nap. She'll cry because someone hurts her. And I came to the conclusion that I'll just have to kill that person. She's my happy princess. I never want her to not be happy.


Tomorrow is Kourtney's birthday so I invited her and Kristen over for dinner. Kourtney couldn't think of what she wanted me to make her so I decided on a balsamic roasted pork tenderloin, garlic green beans, and roasted garlic mashed potatoes. I then made fudge brownies for dessert. (With ice cream, of course.) It was all very good, if I do say so myself.
I love pork tenderloin because you can pretend to be the fancy cook, but really it's just rubbing in some spices and whatnot and throwing it in the oven for 30 minutes. (And all I added to the potatoes was butter and a can of roasted garlic cream of mushroom soup. Very yummy.)


I still need to post pictures of my new tattoo don't I? I'll try to remember and do that tomorrow.

Alrighty then. I'm off to go veg and sneak another brownie.

Gina

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WTF? Is what I am saying about 6 months tomorrow...nuts how quick time goes.

Good for you for not breaking up puffs anymore :) Don't let them puffs win.

Wanna send some brownies this way, I really need a chocolate fix!!