Thursday, September 4, 2008

Reading Again

Well, after a week of being buried in books of some sort, I'm joining the real world again. I was doing really good with my school books and trying to stay ahead with my reading, but then I got sucked into the Twilight Saga. I read all four books in about 4.5 days. I haven't done that in a very long time. (But it was fun! And the books were really good.)


The kids are napping right now and I'm just catching up here and my twin site. I feel like I've been under a rock for a long time!

I've also sort of gotten sucked into some of the politics going on. I haven't watched many of the speeches, but have been somewhat keeping up. During much of the primaries, I was very confused and leaning towards not voting at all because I really didn't like my choices. I'm still not 100% thrilled with either side, but am getting more excited and leaning heavily towards Obama right now. (I really don't like Palin. Or I should say, what I've read, I don't like where she stands on a lot of issues.) I just can't say I see myself voting conservative for a very long time. On a shallow note- are they handing out free cowboy hats at the RNC?! Seriously.


Those books were really good. They're young adult, so to me they were a very fast read too. I'm actually excited about the movie coming out in November. I hope the movie does the book justice. (But you know how those things go.)There was more I wanted to say but I can't think right now.

Gina

No comments: