Monday, September 29, 2008

Probability

I've had some major school work to do these past few days. While I'm loving going back to school, I'm more than ready for this stupid statistics class to be done. I have a really hard time with math and this is turning out to be harder than I thought. I hate word problems and that's pretty much all it is. I'll take a nice easy formula/equation any day over this crap!
(Probability sucks. I don't know the probability of who is shirtless and is also male and is also at least 6ft and handsome. And will come bring me drinks. Probably not very good.)


I'm back on Metformin (or Fortamet, since I take the time-released version). I realized that I gained an ass-ton of weight in the last 2 months. I'm back in all my fat clothes. *sigh* But now that I've realized it, I'm making changes to help the situation. I called my OB clinic this morning and they are calling the Rx in for me. Should be ready later this afternoon. But I still had some left over from last year, so I started back this morning taking one pill a day. Within the next week I hope to be back to 1500mg/day. (3 pills.) Tomorrow I'm going to join a gym I found. It's $20/month and has child care. (You do pay an hourly charge for child care that's not included.) It's a pretty small gym, but frankly I don't need much. I'm mostly just using it for the treadmill and baby watchers.
My goal is an hour on the treadmill 5x a week. I'd like to build up to 4 miles a day. (That's what I was walking at my super skinniest time in high school. The last time I was truly very thin. I think I barely weighed 110lbs, soaking wet. But according to most indexes, that's what I should weigh with my height. Now I'm smart enough to know that I'll probably never weigh that again. Hopefully I'll get back down to 120/125 though- which I know will take time.) Sadly I wasn't so far off from that right after having twins. Which is just so depressing. I'm mean, that's supposed to be the worst time. But that was my thinnest in the last 8 years or so.


Anyway. Enough of that.


In baby news (because you know I can't go an entry without them!) we dropped a bottle! Yay! We're down to three a day.
And of course, since I'm me, I was really stressing over when and how to drop the fourth, "last" bottle. But Saturday they fought me on even taking the last two of the day. Then yesterday when they woke up from nap 2 I decided to just let them go. I gave them some puffs and Cheerios as a snack and gave them dinner a little early and then followed with the bottle about an hour before bed. So then they played a little while and had a bath and then off to bed. They did perfectly fine with it! And we've finally dropped the third nap. (Which had become more of a cat nap than anything else.)

Now I just need to work with the sippy cups over the next month or so and we'll be good to go. I really hope to have them weaned from the bottles soon after their birthday. But we'll see. So far with the things I've stressed over dropping, they've let me know when they were ready and just did it. Hopefully that will be case with the bottles.

Rea's pacifier will be our hardest battle, I think. But she will not be 2 and still have it. (Heck. She won't be 18 and still have it!) At least it's only in the bed or car now. She doesn't want them when she's just playing or even when we're out and about.


Okay, on that note, I'm off to relax and pack up the diaper bag. Kourtney and I are taking Daisy and Jake (and the kids) to the park and having a picnic later on.


Gina

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wish I had the motivation to join a gym. Yay for dropping a bottle!!Good luck with the pacifier, you are right it is harder than dropping a bottle. I dread it but will be done at some point.